Dual Enrollment

Every student electing to take a Governor's School class under the dual enrollment program, where one receives both high school and college credit while enrolled in a class, must complete a community college application for their regional college.

If you have never completed an application for a dual enrollment class through your high school or regional community college, you must do so as soon as possible to receive college credit.

All community colleges now allow application completion on-line.

No parental/legal guardian signature is required on/with the application. (Parent(s)/legal guardians must sign the HGS application, which gives the student permission to take a class for dual enrollment credit unless otherwise indicated by the parent/legal guardian on the HGS admission application.)

While the on-line application, which is completed through the VCCS web site, is the same for all community colleges, colleges have elected to make application completion instructions specific to their school.

For the on-line application link and instructions for completion,
please select your high school from the list below then select the Go button.


All Governor's School students receive high school credit regardless of their dual enrollment status. Furthermore, students can take a Governor's School class for high school credit only. That is, taking a class under the dual enrollment program is not a requirement, it is an option.