iLinc 11.2. NOW AVAILABLE
The Governor's School has updated the server side software to Version 11.2. With this update, Version 10.2.7 client, which was used by students at their respective schools since the end of the Spring 2013 term, will no longer work when students attend classes.
The Version 11.2 client software must now be installed on any computer students will use to attend Governor's School classes. Along with brief installation instructions, the new client software is available below. If you have any difficulty with the installation process, please contact Governor's School technical support .
Unfortunately we cannot offer technical support for proxy servers and/or filtering software used with iLinc software. Please check with the respective vendors of such software for proper configuration instructions.
To Install the iLinc Standard Client ...
- Delete any older version (Go to Start>All Programs>iLinc 10 >uninstall to delete the previous version of the software)
- Download iLinc Client Software, Version 11.2 here: standardclient_11.2.exe, 7.776 MB.
- Click on the standardclient_11.2.exe file name above and select the save option or right click on the link and select "Save Target As..."
- Once the client software is saved to the machine to be used to attend Governor's School classes, double-click on the standardclient_11.2.exe file name to "run" the client installation script.
- Accept the installation dialog box prompts should any appear.
Installation should take from a few seconds to a minute, depending upon the system upon which the software is being installed.
If the software is not installed on a computer, when the computer is used to access iLinc through the Governor's School web site for the first time, the user will be prompted to allow the software to self install.
Depending upon system configuration, Administrator privilege may be required for successful software installation.
This client version, like the prior version, installs all add-on programs: whiteboard, etc. The vendor has informed us that it is not possible to obtain a standalone client software package that only installs the portion used for daily class.
The audio settings dialog box, which is a part of the client software package, will run the first time the iLinc software is used to attend class. This dialog allows one to set headset and mic levels to the appropriate level for the student as well as check their functionality with the software.
Screen resolution should be set to the highest possible setting. While a class is viewable with a resolution as low as 1024x768, frequent to continuous scrolling by the student is then required to view instructor slides and/or whiteboard notes. A screen resolution setting equal to or as close as possible to 1600x1200 is best.