CAT DISSECTION: Go to the addy listed to complete this lab activity. Next click on the statement that says “If you already have a password, click here.” Use the log in name ksmith and the password xray to get into this site. Go to the Musculature System and get familiar with the activity. http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/ap/cat_dissect/index.htm
Also use the diagrams available in your text to answer the following questions:
2. Locate the digastric muscle in the neck area. What is its function?________________
3. Go to abdomen. Find the rectus abdominis. How can it be strengthened?___________
4. Locate the transversus abdominus. What activity helps in exercising it?____________
5. Find the internal and external obliques. What is the difference between them? __________________________________
What nerves cause them to contract?__________________________________________
6. Go to chest. Locate the pectoralis major. What is its origin?_____________________
7. Locate the pectoralis minor. Describe where this is found in humans._____________
8. Go to chest deep and read all captions.
9. Go to shoulder/back. Locate the levator scapulae. What does it do?_______________
10. Locate the acromiodeltoid. How many are found in humans?_______ Describe where found in humans ?_______________
11. Find the extensor muscles in the cat and notice the similarities in the human extensor group.
18. Go to leg/medial. Locate the sartorius. What does it do in humans?